A family vacation is a necessity at least once a year, and if it happens more frequently, nothing compares! The happiness of a family is greatly increased when time is spent together, whether it be with parents, children, or both.
If that time is spent exploring new places, the happiness is multiplied. With the weather remaining favorable for the majority of the day, March is the perfect month for traveling to various locations across the nation.
Places to visit in March
Here is a list of locations in March where you may take a calm family vacation and come back feeling incredibly rejuvenated:
The Lakshadweep group of islands is a traveler’s paradise because of how beautiful nature is. Lakshadweep is a group of 36 islands, 3 reefs, 12 atolls, and 5 submerged banks in the Arabian Sea, 400 km off the western coast of India, only 10 of which are inhabited. Its tranquil beaches are surrounded by coconut and palm palms that wave in the breeze. You must obtain a permit from the relevant authorities in Kochi in order to enter Lakshadweep and visit its islands.
- Agatti Islands, Minicoy Island, Bangaram Island, Kalpeni Island, Kavratti Islands, and Kadmat are among the places to see in Lakshadweep.
- Activities in Lakshadweep: Lakshadweep’s serene beaches are perfect for snorkeling, parasailing, kayaking, canoeing, and pedal boating. The Marine Museum is also nearby.
A city in Tamil Nadu that is among the holiest locations for Hindus, is located on a tranquil island that is only physically separated from Sri Lanka by the narrow Pamban Channel. The significance of this location is rooted in Hindu mythology; it is thought that Lord Rama constructed a bridge here to travel to Lanka with his army and vanquish the demon king, Ravana. This city is home to some spectacular temples that attract visitors all year long.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Get ready to explore the world with our newsletter! From hidden gems to must-see destinations, we’ve got all the insider tips to make your next adventure unforgettable.
- Rameshwaram’s attractions include the temple, the Pamban Bridge, the Kalam National Memorial, Agnitheertham, the Five-Faced Hanuman Temple, Dhanushkodi Temple & Beach, the Ariyaman Beach, the Annai Indira Gandhi Road Bridge, and the Kothandaramaswamy Temple.
- Rameshwaram Attractions: Enjoy a trip on a glass boat
Havelock Island, Andamans
The island of Havelock is among the Andaman and Nicobar group’s largest and most beautiful islands. Havelock is the Andaman and Nicobar Islands’ most developed and frequently visited tourist destination. Havelock, which consists of five towns and Ritchie’s Archipelago, is well-liked by both domestic and foreign tourists because of its clear waters, verdant surroundings, and fine sand beaches. Make sure to partake in all types of adventurous pursuits while visiting Havelock Island, particularly scuba diving.
- Havelock Island attractions include the beaches at Radhanagar, Bharatpur, Elephant, Kalapathar, Laxmanpur, Sitapur, and Vijaynagar.
- Activities on Havelock Island include adventure trekking at Chidyatapu, taking an open water scuba diving school, and spending time snorkeling and hiking at Elephant Beach.
Vrindavan, Uttar Pradesh
Numerous devotees visit Vrindavan every day; it is one of the most revered Hindu pilgrimage sites in India. Vrindavan Uttar Pradesh, which is situated on the banks of the revered Yamuna River, is thought to be one of the oldest cities in India and is where, according to belief, Lord Krishna spent his formative years. A visit to one of the city’s many temples should be on your list of things to do because they are all of utmost significance. The city’s famously extravagant Holi festivals, which take place in March, are another significant reason to visit Vrindavan.
- Prem Mandir, Bankey Bihari Temple, ISKCON Temple, Rangaji Temple, Madan Mohan Temple, and Jaipur Temple are among the attractions of Vrindavan.
- Things to Do in Vrindavan: Shopping at neighborhood markets, seeing temples decorated for Holi, playing Holi with the locals, and enjoying the sweets served during this vibrant holiday are all things to do in Vrindavan.
The picturesque hill village of Almora in Uttarakhand, which is encircled by the powerful Himalayan mountains, is ideal for a family vacation in March. The instant you view its landscape, you can’t help but be in awe of it. The town has developed a reputation among tourists thanks to its natural beauty and diverse flora and fauna. In addition to paying homage to the famous shrines in the town, a visit to Almora must include a look at the area’s biodiversity.
- Jageshwar, Kasar Devi Temple, Zero Point, Katarmal Sun Temple, Chitai Temple, Bright End Corner, and Dwarahat are among the places to see in Almora.
- Activities in Almora: Visit Deer Park, browse the shops at Lal Bazaar, and learn about the Binsar Wildlife Sanctuary.
Tirupati, Andhra Pradesh
Numerous pilgrims flock to Tirupati every day, making it by far the most revered destination in South India. The Andhra Pradesh town of Tirupati is home to numerous historic buildings, monuments, and temples, but Sri Venkateshwara Temple, which is perched on one of the Tirumala Hills’ seven peaks, is the area’s main draw. There is usually a rush in Tirupati, so if you want to bring your family there, make sure your hotel reservations are made early.
- Visit Swami Pushkarini Lake, Akasganga Teertham, Sri Padmavathi Ammavari Temple, Sri Varahaswami Temple, ISKCON Temple, and Sri Kalahasti Temple among the Tirupati attractions.
- Activities in Tirupati: Discover Rock Garden, savor genuine South Indian cuisine, and view the Beauty of Talakona waterfalls.
Dehradun, located in the Doon Valley in Uttarakhand, is a well-liked hill station among visitors, particularly those traveling with families. Dehradun is a well-liked destination for vacations because of the Garhwal Himalayas’ picturesque backdrop and the region’s consistently nice environment. There is a lot to see and do in this lovely city, whether you are interested in shopping, outdoor adventure, or natural beauty.
- Sahastradhara, Mindrolling Monastery, Malsi Deer Park, Tapkeshwar Temple, Tapovan Temple, and Robber’s Cave are among the attractions in Dehradun.
- Activities in Dehradun: Discover Zonal Museum, browse Paltan Bazaar, embark on a hike through the Doon Valley, and have fun at the nearby theme parks.
Make your travel comfortable with zingbus
Have you read the blogs and considered where I would get the car for it and how I would manage the budget? Well! Who has told you that a road trip can only be made by car?
Taking a bus will cost you far less than renting a car, along with full comfort and fun. zingbus offers you several discounts on your first booking. Also, you may install the zingbus app to take advantage of additional benefits.
Thanks for reading our articles! If you enjoyed them, please share and comment! Also download the zingbus app for best bus ticket offers.